Wednesday 13 January 2010

Make-up snobbery


For me foundation is the most crucial item in my beauty bag. I have a mix of dry and greasy patches, uneven skin tone and the occassional spot. I find there's a lot of snobbey when it comes to skincare products and foundation - like it's okay to get your bright lip colours and eye shades from the cheaper stands, but for your 'base' you need to invest.

I was someone who went along with this philosophy - I used to use Max Factor, Estee Lauder double wear, even Chanel when I was airport shopping drunk (unadvisable), but I can honestly day this foundation is better than them all.

Sure if you like a tide mark round your neck and coverage so thick it gets stuck in your eye creases then go for a brand that comes in a glass bottle and costs a score. This foundation is light, easy to apply and gives your skin a glow through the day rather than a flat powder-y finish. And check out the glowing reviews on comparison website Ciao!

I have just bought a mineral pressed powder from the same range which I'm trying out so I'll keep you posted on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment