Wednesday 6 January 2010

Welcome to my Little Black Book...


I decided to start this blog because I often find myself being asked beauty questions. How do you make curls with straighteners? How did you get that much volume on top? Are they acrylic nails? (they're not).


That probably sounds a bit up myself, but in fact the reason why I'm such a fan of the beauty industry is because I would be nothing without it - a real plain jane.


My love with make-up began when adolescent acne kicked in. I perfected the techniques to cover up spots and disguise greasy patches, even now I have never met anyone able to apply foundation more flawlessly than I.


Eye shadow techniques were something I learnt on my first girl's holiday. A friend of mine who worked on cruise ships performing in the shows explained to me about eye shadow palettes and colours to suit my eye colour. Don't worry I don't trowel it on like a drag queen - an important thing about learning to apply make up is learning to keep it minimal.


I am now a beauty PR executive who moonlights at weekends as a podium dancer. So by day I'm learning about skin conditions and product ingredients and at weekends I'm applying experimenting with wild and dramatic - almost theatrical - looks.


I also want this blog to be a fun space all about incredible clothes I've seen or celebrities I'm currently in awe of.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment